In our next filmed installment exploring the Maroon experience in the New World, learn about an African warrior Queen who led her people to an improbable victory over the mighty British Army in the mountains of Jamaica.
Since its World Premiere October 19, 2015 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City, Queen Nanny has gone on to screen on four continents, in more than thirty cities to widespread acclaim. Through a special arrangement with the UN Remember Slavery Programme, our film was utilized as an educational teaching tool globally, and was featured quite prominently on the African continent during March and April of 2016. In February, the film made its West Coast debut as an official selection to the Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) in Los Angeles, CA. Queen Nanny then screened at the prestigious Lincoln Center in New York, as part of the New York African Film Festival. Momentum continues to build for Queen Nanny, which screened in several cities across the United States during the month of June; and bowed in the United Kingdom on June 25. The Canadian Premiere is set for July 6, 2016. Wherever you’re located, we invite you to share this amazing against-all-odds story by hosting a screening of Queen Nanny.
How to host a screening
When you host a screening of Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess you can raise awareness for the Transatlantic Slave Trade, resistance, empowerment, tolerance, peace, reconciliation, womanhood, etc.
Showing Queen Nanny is quite easy. You will need to purchase a license prior to showing our film. To order the film please select from the options below.
Screening Checklist: Here's what you need to organize a successful event.
- Secure a venue. Ideal space would have ample seating for patrons, DVD projector, screen, and speakers. Consult with A/V technician for other needs.
- Venue set-up: seating style may be determined based on the physical location, anticipated attendance, or format of the screening event. Staff and volunteers should arrive well in advance of event start time to facilitate set-up.
- Planning and Promotion: Allow sufficient time to effectively plan the screening and get the word out to the community and local press. If you wish we can list your event on our film's website and Facebook events page. Please give us ample notice. We've also create several downloads which you can access on our website which may be helpful in your promotions.
- Event Format: Will there be a post screening discussion or a panel discussion. Educational or community organizations may also want to have the film's director Roy T. Anderson, or another member of our team for a Q & A or panel discussion. For more information on availability, scheduling and fees please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck with your event. Please don't forget to let us know how it went.
By ordering a DVD/Blu-ray of Queen Nanny for screening purposes, you are hereby agreeing to:
I hereby certify that I will not screen the film in any way that would contravene the License terms noted below. You are solely responsible for any damage to the DVD/Blu-ray. If the DVD/Blu-ray is received in damaged or unsatisfactory condition, please return it to us within 14 days of receipt, and it will be exchanged with a new one.
- This license is strictly intended for Festival and Community Screenings only, and is not intended for commercial purposes, including entities that regularly screen films; such as cinemas and theaters that charge for admission. This license is available for purchase to any individual, group, organization, or entity.
- This license allows one public screening, and is good for six months from the date of purchase. It is not refundable or transferable.
- You may charge for admission to your screening event, use it as a fundraiser, or have a free screening if you wish.
- This license is not intended for theatrical use. If you would like to enquire about theatrical booking please contact us directly.
- This license is not intended for educational use, which are ongoing and in perpetuity. If you have questions regarding use, please contact us.
- You are required to provide us with details of your event before license is issued.
- Queen Nanny is protected by copyright. Unauthorized use of the film may lead to civil liabilities and criminal penalties.
Click your purchase option for secure checkout
All orders will be shipped priority mail via United States Postal Service. There is an additional cost of $7.50 for shipping and handling for all orders fulfilled in the United States. We will notify you when your order has been shipped. For international orders please email us at email@example.com for more information