Queen Nanny in the classroom
Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess was created to shed light on one of the most celebrated but least recognized heroines in the resistance history of the New World. Her story is one of triumph against incredible odds. She led her people to victory against the mighty British Army in early to mid-eighteenth in the interior of Jamaica.
Maroons and their descendants have maintained a continuous presence in this island nation for more than three hundred years; living on the same treaty lands gained as a result of their epic 80-year plus battle with the vaunted British military. Their African-based language, culture and governance are still very much alive today, due in no small part to the heroic efforts of Queen Nanny and other Maroon leaders like her. To this end we have designed a Discussion Guide to foster greater understanding and give a better insight into the story of this larger than life persona, her achievements, and legacy she has left not only for Jamaican women, but for all others around the world.
This film and corresponding Discussion Guide will assist educators and group leaders, or any other person in charge of presenting lectures, workshops, seminars and discussions on marronage in formal educational settings
DVD for Educational Institutions
If you would like to use Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess in your classroom, church, library, museum, or community event, our Educational Licenses is reasonably priced and may be used by the purchasing institute in perpetuity. The DVD comes with Public Performance Rights, allowing your organization a single showing of our film publicly. For multiple public screenings please contact us for details. Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess is protected by copyright. Unauthorized use of the film may lead to civil liabilities and criminal penalties.
By purchasing a Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess Educational License, you are agreeing to these terms. Please review before making your purchase
- This license is strictly intended for education and classroom use. This license is available for purchase to any college, university, museum, public library, high school or other similar entities.
- This license allows unlimited classroom use in classes through Grade 12; on the campuses of licensed institutions, and may be used in perpetuity.
- This license allows students' use for clubs and private screenings where no fees are collected..
- This license comes with Public Performance Rights, allowing your organization a single showing of our film publicly, whether free or paid admission. For multiple public screening, please contact us for details.
- Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess is protected by copyright. Unauthorized use of the film may lead to civil liabilities and criminal penalties.
By ordering an Educational DVD of Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess, you are hereby agreeing to:
I hereby certify that I will not screen the film in any way that would contravene the License terms noted above. You are solely responsible for any damage to the DVD. If the DVD is received in damaged or unsatisfactory condition, please return it to us within 14 days of receipt, and it will be exchanged with a new one.
Click your purchase option for secure checkout
All orders will be shipped priority mail via United States Postal Service. There is an additional cost of $7.50 for shipping and handling for all orders fulfilled in the United States. We will notify you when your order has been shipped. For international orders please email us at email@example.com for more information
Available on Kanopy
Kanopy is the world’s leading online video provider to educational entities. Queen Nanny: Legendary Maroon Chieftainess is now available for educational streaming to over 4,000 institutions worldwide. Millions of students, educators, and members of public libraries now have access to the film - FREE.